Do you know about Seedy Saturday?
There’s no better way to prepare for and look forward to spring than Seedy Saturday! It’s coming up on February 13th! It’s a wonderful event put on by good friends of the Niagara VegFest and we highly recommend that you check it out!
Here are the details:
Niagara South Seedy Saturday
- Saturday, February 13, 2016
- 1pm – 5pm
- Wellandport Community Centre, 5042 Canborough Rd, Wellandport
- Event Participants: $2.00 Donation at Door —- all welcome!
Seedy Saturday is a celebration and sharing of open-pollinated seeds and gardening know-how —“saving our past for our future.” Seedy Saturday and Seedy Sunday events are held across Canada.
Seedy Saturday is about:
- saving, swapping, buying, and selling seeds that have not been genetically modified
- promoting open-pollinated varieties of vegetables, fruits, flowers, grains, and herbs
- preserving heirloom varieties
- conserving biodiversity
- creating and sustaining gardening communities
- ensuring food security
- sharing gardening know-how
VEGAN POTLUCK to follow after event clean up. All welcome to stay and gab!
Events and Activities:
Seed Retailers and Seed Exchange
Coffee & Tea & Treats and Light Lunch Available For Purchase
“Garden Give-away Table” a free exchange and/or giveaway of clean pots, trays, magazines, books, garden utensils….
Seedy Saturday Agenda:
1 pm Start of Seedy Saturday
Seed Swap & Retail all day …..
- 1:10 Ryan Waldron – Grimsby Public Library “Seed Saving Library”
- 1:30 Colette Murphy, (Urban Harvest) The What and Why of Heirlooms”
- 2:30 Steven Biggs “No Guff Gardening”
- 3:30 Linda Crago Tree and Twig “Planning your Garden for Seed Saving”
- 4:30 Wendy Moreton “Fermentation”