2012 Cabernet Sauvignon with Pambazo (Mexican fried eggplant sandwich) and Vegan Frito pie (Vegan & GF)
Get down with our 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon paired with A Pambazo Sammy and Frito pie on the side. Fried eggplants and roasted poblano peppers are the base of this sandwich stuffed with chipotle-molasses refried beans, lettuce, pickled red onions and avocado. Smothered in enchilada sauce and then grilled to perfection. Try it with a side of Frito Pie (Fritos + lime + slaw + creamy avocado + cilantro = delicious) This pairing is Vegan and Gluten-Free.
2013 Sauvignon Blanc paired with Tomato and Basil Crisp:
- 12 Roma tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 100ml kikomans light soy sauce
- 6 sprigs thyme
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the stems place in a bowl with the sugar, salt and soy add chopped thyme and mix well.
- Place the tomatoes on a wire rack on a baking tray and pace in a 225 degree oven for 3 hours and let cool.
- Place the tomato on crostini with a piece of crispy basil and serve!!
Flat Rock Cellars
2015 Riesling perfectly paired with a serving of spiced apple, pear, beets, and sweet potato ceviche. Twisted Chef, Patrick Wiese, is going veggie and will be working his chef magic!
2010 Classic Chardonnay paired with smoked asparagus and tomato pasta salad
A crisp wine paired with a pasta salad of fresh asparagus and tomatoes. Enjoy!
More examples of wine & food pairings from last year included Cabernet Merlot paired with a Grilled Vegetable Panini, Hummus & Sun Dried Tomatoes and Sauvignon Blanc paired with a Quinoa Stuffed Cachucha Peppers.