A huge thank you to everyone who took part in this weekend’s 2nd annual Niagara VegFest! Approximately 4000 people took in the festival on Sunday, June 2nd and, for the second year in a row, the attendance at the festival totally exceeded our expectations.
Thanks so much to our wonderful sponsors: Bamboo Natural Foods, Rise Above, The Naked Sprout, Saladmaster, Nature’s Roots, Kindfood, Kelly’s Bake Shoppe, Truly Organic Foods, Tower Garden, Leela, and Intrigue Media. We are also extremely grateful to Niagara Action for Animals and the City of St. Catharines for their assistance with this event. We also would like to thank all of the businesses and individuals who donated raffle prizes to this event (see full list below). We are committed to keeping Niagara VegFest free and we could not do this without the assistance of these businesses and organizations.
Thank you to our amazing vendors and exhibitors who participated in this year’s festival. It was so great to see you all at Market Square!
Thanks to our amazing volunteer team–what a fabulous crew we had this year! “Plant Power” indeed!
And, finally, thank you to all of you who came to the festival. Some of you came from down the street, others came from different towns, cities, and countries. We hope you all had a wonderful time at the festival!
We are already planning for 2014, so stay tuned! You can follow us on Twitter (@niagaravegfest) or “like” us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/NiagaraVegFest) to make sure you stay up to date with new announcements and future event details.
If you like the idea of having a VegFest in Niagara, please consider showing your support with official Niagara VegFest gear! Your purchases from the Niagara VegFest General Store help keep the festival free.
1) May Poster Contest winner: Ryan Treanor. Ryan spotted a Niagara VegFest poster at De Healthy Baker and sent a photo of it to us via twitter. His name was drawn from all of the entries received and he is the winner of a gift certificate from Bamboo Natural Food Market
2) Community Care prize draw winner: Jennifer Turner. Jennifer donated non-perishable food items to our Community Care food drive and received a ballot for this draw with her donation.
3) Raffle Prizes
- Framed photograph by Amy Friend: won by Tracy Mackie
- Frogpond Farm wine & tasting tour for 10: won by Laura Thomson
- Frogpond Farm wine & tasting tour for 10: won by Tricia Watson
- Tickets to the Shaw Festival: won by Tracy Docherty
- Gift certificate from Healthy Beginnings Chiropractic: won by Debbie Gneeh
- Catered dinner from Natural Chef Niagara: won by Nicole Axworthy
- VegFest prize pack: won by Cherie Schulz