The second annual Niagara VegFest takes place on Sunday June 2nd. This year the festival is located at Market Square in downtown St. Catharines (91 King Street). The festival is jam-packed with speakers, vendors, exhibitors, and activities and we look forward to welcoming you to Niagara VegFest!
Many of you are traveling to the festival from other locations and are looking for things to do in Niagara on the days before and after Niagara VegFest. Niagara is a great place to visit any time during the year, but it is especially lovely in the spring! Here are some activities you may wish to take in during your visit to Niagara:
- Visit Niagara Falls, one of the main attractions in this area. If you haven’t visited in a while, it is certainly worth a trip! We especially love the Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse just down the road from the Falls.
- Go for a hike! The Bruce Trail runs through Niagara, and there are many different hikes you can take along this trail. There are also many other trails and conservation areas to visit.
- Enjoy a wine-tasting. Niagara is home to many wineries and vineyards, including several that are vegan-friendly. Some of our favourites include: Calamus Estate Winery, Caroline Cellars, Cave Springs Cellars, Frogpond, Palatine Hills Estate Winery, Southbrook Vineyards, Stonechurch Vineyards, and Strewn. (note: these have all been checked via Barnivore)
- Party it up! Niagara Action for Animals is hosting their annual Party for the Paws fund-raiser on Friday May 31st. A good time for a good cause! All are welcome!
- Rent bikes and go for a ride along the Niagara River, or on one of the many other cycling trails in the region.
- Take in a play at the Shaw Festival, check out an exhibit at the Rodman Hall Art Centre, or see what is going on at the St. Catharines Museum
- Rowing fan? The Canadian Secondary Schools Rowing Association’s 68th Annual Regatta takes place on June 1st and 2nd at the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta course.
- Take part in some of the activities commemorating the 1812 Bicentennial
- Visit the Welland Canal
- Check out the shops in the historic old town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
And, if you are looking for vegan-friendly places to eat on your trip to Niagara, be sure to check out the Niagara VegFest Official Dining Guide.